So my WordPress blog got infected with some trojan crap through a security-hole in one of the plugins I was using. The effect of that was that for a short period users were re-directed to some spam site when clicking links on my blog.
This was about 3-4 weeks ago or so.
I reacted quite promptly (within 24 hours) and moved my sites architecture over to Jekyll, a tool to generate static HTML. So now there’s actually no running code on the server, which makes the site itself literally impenetrable from a security standpoint.
This is all well and good, but it also means there are some bugs on this site until I get time to fix it all. Like the search on the right is not working at the moment.
I just fixed the general deployment structure so I can start writing in a decent manner again and deploy without too much hassle. There’s still some plugins I need to write however to handle adding new files and images and stuff like that. I don’t want to have to resize images manually so I’ll write small script that takes images and moves them into the correct folders and resizes them in to three sizes and stuff like that.
For the time being it works decently doing it manually so that’s what I’m going to do.
I’m writing this because I will be going to Japan in two days and I’ve just spent some time fine-tuning this stuff so that I can blog in Japan without too much trouble!